5 Best Tankless Water Heater Brands & Buying Guide
Have you been at the receiving end of the hot water crisis, ever? You will agree that the wait for the right temperature or just your turn to be able to use the hot water is agonizing enough to make anyone promise themselves a hot water heater that matches up well with their requirements.
The hot water requirement varies across households, mainly attributable to a number of people living in a particular setup and the various activities for which hot water is used like, for doing dishes, shower, laundry etc.
To help you end the hot water woes, below is a list of top five brands and the most popular tankless water heaters that you can consider while buying a tankless water heating appliances for your household. You can enjoy tankless water heater reviews in the second part of this content.
Take a look:
- 1 Top Most 5 Best Brands of Tankless Water Heaters
- 2 5 Best Tankless Water Heaters Reviews from Best Brands
- 2.1 I. Rheem RTEX 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 4 GPM Review
- 2.2 II. Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology Review
- 2.3 III. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas Review
- 2.4 IV. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater Review
- 2.5 V. Marey Power Gas 10L Digital Panel Tankless Water Heater Review
- 2.6 Share this:
- 2.7 Like this:
Top Most 5 Best Brands of Tankless Water Heaters
Rheem is a brand most recognized as a mid-level water heater brand that offers reasonably priced products. It has been a favourite across households, mainly due to its manufacturing robustness.
Ecosmart is a brand well known for its innovative green energy technology that helps consumers save on energy bills. They have been a major hit in the market as they have a goal of helping Ecosmart water heater users save up to 50% on their water heating bills.
Takagi is widely known brand of water heating solutions that are versatile, efficient and reliable. This brand also focusses on green or environment-friendly manufacturing, which makes it an instant hit in the modern world. Takagi’s manufacturing unit uses up to 95% recyclable materials while meeting or exceeding the Low NOx standards SCAQMD, thereby preserving the natural resources.
Bradford White is best known for its 100% commitment towards professional installer. They offer 24/7 service for their products that enjoy unparalleled reputation of performance, energy efficiency and reliability. It has also been recognized as ‘brand purchased most often’ for 10 years i.e. 2006-2010, 2012-2016. Bradford white also emerged as the ‘brand most likely to be recommended’ over the last nine years in CLEAReport survey in 2016.
Marey water heaters enjoy the reputation of offering great products that not only perform good but are also loaded with great advanced features, user-friendly interface, and high functions etc. The best thing about this brand is that they offer products at quite an affordable cost.
Rinnai is a well-known brand in the indoor gas tankless water heater industry.
SioGreen is one of the leading name in infrared tankless water heaters. The company’s Model IR8000 is designed for both residential and commercial applications.
The Stiebel Eltron brand is known for manufacturing efficient products ever since they sold their first immersion water heater in 1924.
One of the best things about Eccotempbrand is the fact that they provide consumers tankless water heating units at a cheap price.
From more than 60 years Noritz introduced the first electronically controlled tankless back in 1981.
One of the great Bosch tankless water heater model is the Therm 520 PN that comes with push-button ignition and a modulating gas valve that maintains constant water temperature in varying flow rates.
Navien tankless water heaters feature advanced condensing technology.
5 Best Tankless Water Heaters Reviews from Best Brands
I. Rheem RTEX 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 4 GPM Review
This is an upgraded version of the most popular water heater Rheem RTE 13. Just like the older version, the newer one is also taking the market by storm. The new version RTEX 13 is more reliable and user-friendly, making it a great choice for smaller households. It is typically suitable for a single shower setup or, even a couple of them if 1.5GPM low flow showerheads are installed.
- Affordable pricing for single dwellers or small families.
- Impressive flow rate: maximum flow rate of 4 GPM.
- Compact enough to be installed in a cabinet or under a sink.
- Comes with a digital thermostat with the accuracy of within a degree.
- Improved copper immersion heating elements.
- Cannot support a household with more than one shower facility.
- The flow rating suffers in very cold climates, thus not recommended for colder areas.
II. Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts with Patented Self Modulating Technology Review
This is the most powerful on-demand water heater from the house of Ecosmart. It can efficiently handle hot water demands in colder climates, though in a single shower setup. In warmer geographies, however, it can easily match up the demands of a household with multiple hot water outlets.
- High on energy efficiency. The ECO 27 model is powered with self-modulation. This enables accurate energy usage only when needed, thus saving energy.
- Suitable for colder climates. Offers a flow rate of 3 GPM in coldest of climates sans inlet pipes freezing.
- Suitable for temperate climates with flow rate of up to 6 GPM.
- The effective flow rate may be below expectations unless used in a southern climate.
- The temperature of outlet water may be colder than expected in cold climates.
III. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater, Natural Gas Review
This water heater is the perfect solution for households of around 5 people in colder climates. It works well for multiple hot water outlets with good energy efficiency.
- Energy efficient.
- The consistent flow rate of 6.6 GPM independent of climatic conditions.
- Comes with a digital remote for precise control.
- Installation cost is significantly high as it is powered by gas. In case of gas water heaters, the higher cost is attributed to the setup needed to vent the gas to the outside.
- It can match up with only medium level demands of hot water.
- Not suitable for large households in colder climates.
IV. Rheem RTGH-95DVLN 9.5 GPM Indoor Direct Vent Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater Review
It is an upgraded version most suited for large households with a high demand of hot water. Though on the costlier side, this water heater lets you use multiple hot water outlets, all at once. With an impressive flow rate of 9.5 GPM, the performance is extremely smooth.
- Low energy cost in long run, as it extracts heat from exhaust gases.
- It has a compact shape, saving installation space.
- Absolutely suited for colder climates, as it guards against freezing up to -30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Higher price plus the installation cost makes the upfront cost high. This may make it unaffordable to many households.
V. Marey Power Gas 10L Digital Panel Tankless Water Heater Review
This water heater is simple to install and easy to use for small hot water requirements, like that of one shower household. The flow rate is 3.1 GPM which isn’t great for supporting high hot water demands but perfectly suits households where water pressure is low. It is quick with the heating process, making it true to being an on-demand water heater.
- Compact in size.
- Easy installation.
- Comes with unfailing safety hacks.
- Works for the low level of water pressure.
- The Hose and the regulator required for installation aren’t provided with the water heater.
- Not suitable for larger households.